rushmore_standard_468x60_us Casino dictionary Dictionary index
  CRB Dictionary - Payout Percentage:

If you are new to the world of casino, you must understand that one of the most important factors that you need to learn is the payout percentage. Playing at the casino is all about money, after all. It does not really matter whether it is the amount of money you are losing or the amount of money you are winning. What matters is that you know what you lost when you lose and how you lose it. That’s the same thing with winning.

What is Payout Percentage?

Payout percentage is the amount paid out to players as winnings against what the casino actually gets to keep. If, for a period of a month, the bets collected amounted to $10 million and the payout percentage is about 98%, this means that the casino gets to keep the other 2%.

It is important to learn about the payout percentage when you are choosing a casino or online gambling site to play. A casino site that has high payout percentage is advisable for those who are serious about taking home some winnings. Why, if the casino is paying a good percentage of its collected bets to its players, it means that you good chances at winning there yourself. If the casino is taking a good chunk of the total amount of bets home, it might not be favorable for your bankroll to stay and keep playing there because you might just end up in bankruptcy.

Payout Percentage


How the Payout Percentage is Determined?

Casinos -- both land-based and Internet-based -- are serviced by third party auditors. They are the ones who compute the payout percentage, typically, every month. If you are deciding on the best casino site to play, you must not look at only a month’s payout percentage. You must extend your observation to a longer period, say, six months.

You see, payout percentage varies wildly from month to month. A month when a progressive jackpot is won could show off a good payout percentage for that particular month alone. But what about the rest? Also, it is not enough that you see the casino payout percentage. It is also useful if you also get to peek on the payout percentages in specific games such as poker and slots. Naturally, casinos make more money out of slots and less money out of skill-based games such as poker.

Choosing a Casino Based on Payout Percentage

If you are finding it hard to choose a casino and the payout percentage is of great concern, check out the following tips:

* A payout percentage of 95% or more is beneficial to any player. If you are choosing a casino, make sure that it has a payout percentage that good or even better.

* Check out the payout percentage of a casino not just for a single month but for a couple of months. Measuring the average will give you a better idea of how the odds play against the players.

* A casino with consistent percentages, meaning it does not jump from a low 80% to a high 98% monthly, is a good choice.

* If you love playing a particular game, you must pay attention to details. If slots is your game, choose a casino that has a better than the average payout percentage for slots.

Copyright by CasinoReviewBank.com