888 Poker:

888 Poker

888 Poker review

Software: software
Promotions: promotions
Features/Extras: overall
Total score: 5.67 / 6.00

Casino games preview:


Affiliate program:
Uffiliates
Deposits options:
Bank Wire Transfer
Credit Cards
ClickandBuy
Entropay
Moneybookers
Neteller
PayPal
PaysafeCards
Ukash
WebMoney

As one might guess from the name, this site is all about poker and its many variants. 888 Poker offers its clients a safe environment for fair and fun poker-play. It boasts a robust variety of play options and promotions, as well as an excellent rewards program for its more dedicated poker enthusiasts. The site also has an active online community for those who wish to socialize with other members, as well as a Twitter account to keep one posted on any developments on the site or its ongoing tournaments and promotions.

Promotions and bonuses

888 Poker’s members get the benefits of the many promotions and bonuses it offers from the get-go and well into one’s membership. Upon making their first deposit, members are entitled to free entry to seven daily $500 freerolls, one $1000 freeroll, and a 100% welcome bonus of up to $400. Take note, however, that only 25% of the welcome bonus is given immediately; as the remaining 75% will be received only after one garners enough bonus points through play. Helping build the community by referring a friend also nets a nice sum of $50.

There is a point and status system in place wherein as one plays the tables on the site, one accumulates points as well. Earning enough points allows one to raise one’s status level and gain access to the some of the site’s special promotions and attain eligibility to participate in some of the more exclusive tournaments. Points collected can also be exchanged for either for cash or for prizes in the site’s shop page.

Players also get a chance to win seats at poker tournaments such as the Irish Open, Aussie Millions, and World Series Poker.

Currently, the site offers a special challenge where one can try their luck against professional poker player Leo Margets. Beating her at her own game nets a hefty $1000 prize.

Casino's Games

Despite being dedicated to poker, the site is far from being one-dimensional, as it offers a variety of play options. Those who are new to the game or who are feeling a bit rusty can engage in practice games to sharpen their skills before they start playing for money. Games of Seven Card Stud, Omaha, and Texas Hold’em are available –with the latter two open to pot limit variants, and Texas Hold’em open to both no limit and pot limit games. Moreover, players can choose from a number of table and tournament types to play in such as multi-table and sit-and-go. Some of these are open while others are restricted.

Also, users can opt to play by either installing 888 Poker’s software, or by making use of its “no-download” version. The software boasts several management, accessibility, and aesthetic features that enhance one’s playing experience.

Safety and security

Approved by eCOGRA as a safe and fair website and making use of some of the most trusted deposit and withdrawal methods such as Visa, NETELLER, and PayPal, players can rest assured that their playing experience as well as their transactions on 888 Poker will be safe and secure. The site goes beyond merely giving statements on guaranteed security and privacy, as these topics are discussed and explained at length in their respective sections in the site.

Support

888 Poker offers a dedicated Customer Support Team that is accessible 24/7, through phone, email, or chat, and in 11 different languages. Curiously, at the time of this writing, the link to the site’s Contacts section seems to lead back to the homepage. Still, the available Online Help section is nevertheless useful for most inquiries, and is easy to navigate thanks to the implemented search engine. Asking around in the Technical Help section of the forums is also an option.

As should any respectable gaming establishment, 888 Poker screens any minors from gambling. It endorses responsible gaming as well, offering self-exclusion programs as well as setting spending limits.

Language

888 Poker is available in a total of 21 different languages, including English. European languages such as French, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Swedish and the like comprise majority of the site’s language options. Asian languages like Japanese and Chinese are included as well.

US Players

At the moment, US based players are restricted from 888 Poker.
Review published on: 25 November 2010

Add Your Opinion About Casino
Your Name: Score:
Opinion:

Other popular casinos: Casino RedKings :: Superbook Poker :: 888

Copyright by CasinoReviewBank.com